I finally found a few moments the other day to organize the teetering stack of professional journals, magazines, and flyers that had been piling up in my inbox. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the most recent issue of the ABA Commercial & Business Litigation section’s Winter newsletter is a collection of articles focusing on class action issues. The compelling list of titles include “What to Tell a Panicked Client about Class Actions,” “CAFA and its Impact on Class Action Litigation,” “The ‘Holistic’ Approach to Scienter under Tellabs,” “Alternative Privilege Log Techniques in an E-discovery World,” and Recent Rulings Limit Plaintiffs’ Choice of Forum Tactics.”
Speaking of class-action related materials, here are some good print publications focusing on class actions:
- ABA Class Action & Derivative Suits Committee’s CADS Report- Quarterly periodical with articles on various class action topics, available to members of the ABA’s CADS Committee of the Section of Litigation.
- BNA’s Class Action Litigation Report – Semi-monthly law reporter with news, trends, case summaries, analysis and perspective.
- Strafford Publishing’s Class Action Law Monitor – Twice-monthly law reporter with docket and case updates, opinion summaries, news, and articles.
- Thomson West’s Class Action Reports – case summaries, analysis, and commentary.
- Finally, Bloomberg Law Reports entered the class action law reporter fray briefly last fall, but I can’t seem to find a current link at present. Here’s a link to the September issue, available on the Dechert website: http://www.dechert.com/library/Wajert.pdf